Powered By Blogger

Monday, January 25, 2010

Mr Hamilton Read this (part 3 of 5)

I am currently training for my gold star swimming test. I have been swimming for like 4 years, and I hope to take the gold star test by march. Gold star is much more tedious then gold, because the requirements are much higher. For example, for the first part, you have to swim 100 metres in 3 minutes for gold. That is already quite hard, but for gold star, you need to be under 2minutes and 30 seconds. And don't forget, we also have to wear pyjamas(12 years and above must wear long sleeve ones...)

and a t-shirt below plus your swimming costume. Luckily for me, I changed to trunks a year ago, so it will help me reduce my time:) I am getting a little bored of swimming, although it is useful and can help me train my stamina.

Actually swimming can be quite fun, but if you swim a lot and must swim fast, it can be very tiring. However, swimming has many good points. For example, it will make you fitter and will help in your 2.4. Although swimming trains different muscles, it still trains your endurance, which is much needed to run. Swimming can also make you more determined and teaches you to persevere. If you cannot hit the timing, you will need to keep on trying and not get discouraged
Talking about swimming, there is this joke that I once heard.

"I thought i could trust the people who used my pool, but all I know is that when i filled it last year I put in 20000 gallons, but when I emptied it last week I took out 22000 gallons."

The people who used the pool are certainly irresponsible aren't they? Anyway, in Tampines Swimming Complex, the pool can also be quite dirty at times, and there can be bits of tissue paper floating about. Disgusting! Fortunately, most of the time the management cleans the pool:) So try not to bring tissue near to the pool, because it will disintegrate and become like 'wanton'.
A picture of my gold certificate, plus the badges:) The gold star ones look much nicer:)

Haha I'll end off here, hope i can pass:).

No comments:

Post a Comment